Sunday, October 21, 2012

JASON LIVES!

What the hell is this?
   
    Of course we'll have to kill a few dozen girl scouts first! I hate to bake without fresh ingredients! Jeeze , so much to say and so many memories about this movie. They been showing all the FRIDAY movies on AMC and when they got to this one I realized that it is one of my favorites. I like it more than part 1. I remember seeing JASON LIVES at my aunts house when it came out on cable. At night , in the back room by myself. It was a bit scary but also fun. It was different than the previous Jason movies , it looked different and I was a bit older so it didn't scare me like the others did , especially part 1 when Jason leaps out of the water! That scared the shit out of me when I was a kid!
    So Tommy Jarvis survived through part 4 and 5 and in 6 accidently  ressurrects Jason Vorhees , Frankensteins Monster style , and Jason rises to kill again. First one being Horshach from Welcome Back Kotter! And Tommy Jarvis was played by Thom Matthews , who played Freddy in RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD!
     And this is when I started noticing girls and I think the gal that plays Megan is one of the hottest chicks to come out in a FRIDAY movie , 'cept maybe for that one girl in JASON X that gets her face frozen and smashed to bits! She was hot , but up to part 9 I think Megan was the prettiest girl in the series. And who remembers Paula? She was so nice and sweet and cute and she has a horrible demise! Maybe the worst death of the series? Maybe?
    JASON LIVES isn't the goriest , it is violent and has some good fun inventive kills , there's gotta be one or two kills that you remember with a smile , but it is the funniest of the JASON movies , but funny without making fun of Jason , or looking down on the genre. And the ALICE COOPER songs! "Man Behind The Mask" is great and they put "Teenage Frankenstein" to such good use when they kill Cort and that chick , and Jason looks so cool standing on the overturned RV! I really like Kane Hodder as Jason , but the guy that played him in JASON LIVES , C.J. Graham , played a good Jason Vorhees. I thought he was intimidating and gave Jason just a tinge of humor , icy mercilessness , and something that made you root for Jason in this one , at least for me he did. If he would have kept playing Jason that would have been okay , I like him better than the guy who played him in FREDDY VERSUS JASON and the FRIDAY reboot.

   Horror fans have their fave FRIDAY movies and the ones they don't like , but I like 'em all and I like JASON TAKES MANHATTAN , too! I'd like you to leave a comment about your favorite FRIDAY film and what you think of Part 6 and 8 , or any of them really. AMC is going to start up with the HALLOWEEN movies tomorrow , Oct 22 , so if you want , comment about those. -arty

No comments:

Post a Comment