Wednesday, October 31, 2012

PSYCHOSOMATIC At The KOROVA 10/30/2012

    The liver , good choice , I'll have that first. But first , last nights show. It was great , so good my neck hurts and I didn't even do any headbanging. I didn't know anything about PSYCHOSOMATIC , I wanted to see CANNIBAL BITCH and AGGRAVATOR But I sampled some of their music on their facebook page and they were pretty fucking good so I figured I'd stay for the whole gig.
     I got there in time to see CANNIBAL BITCH! CANNIBAL BITCH is a local San Antonio band. The guitarist/vocalist/cannibal keyboardist is Adrian , and if you go to HOGWILD RECORDS here in San Antonio then you might know Adrian and Adrian is a cool fucking dude! He is a HUGE horror fan! And when he plays he sometimes wears a button up white shirt , a red bow tie , a spiked gauntlet and he wears these make up appliances on his head , and I gotta say they look pretty real. I assumed he does them himself and they look good! All the horror influence comes through in his band. They started with Adrian playing a small keyboard , playing some Italian horror movie style synth intro before stabbing into CANNIBAL BITCHES amalgam of every thing Metal. CANNIBAL BITCH is not Death , Doom , Thrash , Punk , or Grind but they mix everything up and come up with something fairly original. They are fast and heavy and I like Adrians cleanly shouted vocals. It off sets the heaviness but separate them from most other bands and is really refreshing! Before I forget the drummer is great , I met him but can't remember his name but he bashed out every kind of beat and was fun to watch play. I just hope CANNIBAL BITCH records soon so I can listen to them all the time!
AGGRAVATOR
    I've seen AGGRAVATOR several times now and they get heavier and faster each time. I've talked to guitarist/vocalist Derek briefly before and he's a cool dude and a HUGE fan too and AGGRAVTOR is spearheading the San Antonio thrash movement. I would not be suprised to hear that a label like METAL BLADE , RELAPSE , or HEAVY ARTILLERY picked them up for a record deal , they deserve it and represent the power and might of the San Antonio Metal scene. AGGRAVATOR played a fast strong set as usual and as many times as I have seen them they never seem like they are going through the motions or they do not want to be there and if you have not witnessed them yet check 'em out while they are still opening up for other bands so you can say you saw them before they blew up.

    Finally PSYCOSOMATIC from Sacramento , CA came on stage and charged into there set of brutal hardcore and punk infected thrash. There were not enough people there last night but PSYCHOSOMATIC played like there were 500 people there! they did SEPTIC DEATH and POISON IDEA covers and rolled out their own tight as fuck songs the whole time they were on stage. Drummer was awesome , badass , a real treat to hear as was the rest of the band! Very impressive and I regret not seeing them the 2 other times they played San Antonio but they will return in April and I picked up their cd 'Unquenchable Thirst'.
    Lastly thanx to Jaime for putting this show together , and thanx to Roman and Gabe for hanging with me at the show and Adrian for being cool to me , all cool dudes who make going to shows more fun! Great show Jaime , as were the ones before and all the ones to come. -arty

No comments:

Post a Comment