Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Squirm - The Mystery Science Theater 3000 version


   Better check the stove. I think somethins' burnin! I first saw Squirm when I was a little punk kid and it scared me pretty good. Then I re-saw it a few years ago and saw how cheezy it is but liked it's low on budget but high on character and imagination worm infested charm. It doesn't have gore or nudity but there's something to it ; I guess it is a bit eerie , weird , and fun and who isn't grossed out by hordes of worms?
    Recently I viewed the Mystery Science Theater 3000 version of Squirm and was floored by how Mike Nelson and the bots , Crow T. Robot and Tom Servo , ripped this movie a new hole and made it a hilarious viewing pleasure and made me see Squirm in a new vibrant strobing day glow light! I used to watch MST3K back in the 90's and thought it was good but nowadays it's even funnier to me and I've seen their version of Squirm 3 times now and it just gets funnier! I've convinced 3 of my friends to watch it with me and we were laughing our asses off almost the whole time! They make good clean fun of Squirm and the south where it's set and the southern accents but do not get too mean or nasty with it. In fact this episode inspired me to get my co-workers to speak in a southern accent on sundays. Southern Day , we call it!
    The quips , barbs , and knee slappers come fast and furious and have immense re - quotable value and I even spout off these one liners and jokes when I'm alone and it still makes me laugh and smile!! If you haven't seen Mystery Science Theater 3000 but you do like shlocky grade - B horror , sci-fi , and just plain bad and weird movies you should give MST3K a chance and if you have not seen it in awhile now would be a good time to re-visit Joel , Mike, and the bots. And every MST3K fan has their favorite episodes and this is one of mine and I will keep on reviewing from my top 10 list of funniest episodes. I been watching them on youtube and if you check 'em out start with Squirm so you can be the wormface! Arty

No comments:

Post a Comment