Friday, October 12, 2012

THE INCREDIBLE MELTING MAN MST3K EPISODE

    Guess you'll just have to stay for dinner! Or should I say....as dinner. Ahh , too bad The Incredible Melting Man didn't have any lines in the movie. This one is another classic from my younger teenage days of renting movies from Blockbuster to marvel at the amazing efx by master craftsman Rick Baker. Looking at it years later I see that it suxx , I see that but I also see that THE INCREDIBLE MELTING MAN was a showcase for Bakers phenomenal make up work. But just because the rest of the movie suxx doesn't mean I don't enjoy it anymore. The acting is bad , but good bad not bad bad or boring bad. It's got a topless scene from Rainbeaux Smith and a scientist walking around with a geiger counter yelling " This is Mike Nelson! " about 25 times throughout the movie. so it still has alot of stuff going for it.             

    Then , I found the MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER episode of THE INCREDIBLE MELTING MAN on youtube. It was a bit weird at first seeing a movie I liked and had seen more than a few times made fun of by the Mike and the bots. They take aim and fire round after round of high powered humor right through The Incredible Melting Mans liquefying brain pan! Tom Servo is my favorite bot but it seems like Crow t. Robot comes up with the funniest lines most of the time , but I like Tom because he is so emotional. And I read some of the comments on youtube and it seems the skits they were doing for this episode were aimed at the producers and executives behind the MST3K Movie.

But fuck all that , really THE INCREDIBLE MELTING MAN is enjoyable with or without the MST3K commentary. The makeup is great and the end scene where he completely melts down and is scooped up by a janitor and dumped in a trash can is great gruesome fun for gore fans.They pretty much show everything except for the topless scene with Rainbeaux Smith. It was made in 1977....that's all I got. -arty

No comments:

Post a Comment