Monday, October 29, 2012

ZOMBIES: Remember When.

    Do you remember the video box for the movie DEAD PIT? How the eyes lit up if you pressed the button on the side of the box. Did you play with it at Blockbuster? I did! That was so cool. Do you remember when DAY OF THE DEAD came out? I don't , but I do remember seeing it on tv and it scared the shit out of me! I did like it but it did scare the bejeezus out of me. And I also remember that there weren't many zombie movies between 1985 and 1990. The ones I remember are NIGHT OF THE CREEPS , DEAD PIT , NIGHT LIFE , BRIDE OF RE-ANIMATOR and the re - make of NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD and that came out in 1990. I recall a movie called ZOMBIE NIGHTMARE on tv but that had only 1 zombie. Can you remember anything worthy of mention. VIDEO DEAD? I never saw that one but my friend had the movie poster and it was pretty fucking cool.
Today there are oodles and oodles of zombie movies. And most of them suck. There are a few good ones but it's just oversaturation of a genre. We got a zombie tv show now , and it's a good one but does it bother anyone how they never say zombie in it. They don't say it in the comic either. It's just a little thing but it bothers me for some reason. And then there is the zombie comedy. I refuse to type down the word they made up for zombie comedies but SHAUN OF THE DEAD was good and I like AAAH!ZOMBIES!.
    And the Italianos? They made some great zombie movies in the early half of the 80's but then their undead output dried up to what , KILLING BIRDS? BLACK DEMONS. AFTER DEATH came out in 1989! I like that one! I read that DEMONS was supposed to be a zombie movie but that they were tired of zombies and went with demons. I love DEMONS that one scared the chocolate sauce out of me as well.
    Maybe it was for the best. If certain film makers had went the zombie route we might have not gotten such spectacular movies like BRAIN DAMAGE , STRRET TRASH, and.....well , BRAIN DAMAGE and STREET TRASH. Don't worry I didn't forget HELLRAISER!
    So can anyone remember any other zombie movies between 1985 and 1990 that are worth mention. I see all these new zombie movies at walmart and online and for a second I am fooled into believing the hype and then I come to my senses and realize they suck. I did get THE DEAD at walmart and heard it is good so I am looking forward to that. finally here is a short list of directors I would like to see DIRECT a zombie movie.
JOHN WATERS
DOUGLAS BUCK (Cutting Moments , Sisters remake)
JIM VAN BEBBER
LODGE KERRIGAN (clean,shaven)
BEN STILLER                                       -ARTY

1 comment:

  1. Return of the Living Dead 1 and 2, Day of the Dead (a pure Romero classic), Redneck Zombies, Dead Heat, Dead Next Door, Flesheater.....just to name a few....

    ReplyDelete