Wednesday, November 7, 2012

BLOOD FEAST: Maybe kind of like a trilogy if I can review another BLOOD movie





    Had some grape soda and fritos n' bean dip while viewing BLOOD FEAST tonight. And I didn't realize that BLOOD FEAST is only one hour and seven minutes AND that it came out in 1963. I thought it came out in the late 60's , but anyway , WHERE WERE YOU WHEN YOU FIRST SAW BLOOD FEAST? I was at my aunts house when I saw it late one friday or saturday night. It was on THE MOVIE CHANNEL and might have been hosted by Joe Bob Briggs but I can't be certain of that. I had all ready been buying FANGO for awhile and FANGO was my bible back then!! Same for you? Yeah me to! So FANGO had built it up as a gore film with classic status! At least that's how I remember it.
    So it was exciting to see that first time and it did create some creepy atmosphere , especially with the music , the musical score is great! maybe someone can burn it for me and send it to me or email it to me! That would be really nice! And I can't remember if I saw BLOOD FEAST before EVIL DEAD 2 , DAY OF THE DEAD and RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD , because those 3 movies really influenced me in the type of horror movies I like. So I like to think that BLOOD FEAST was my intro to the gore film.
    Watching on youtube today I still enjoy it. And I want the dvd , I hear the commentary is really good and I think it is H.G. Lewis's masterpiece. I hear COLOR ME BLOOD RED is better but I still have not seen it.    And I would of loved to see a zombie movie by H.G. Lewis? A rip off of NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD but looking like BLOOD FEAST! Perhaps made right after NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD.  Anyone else agree or give a shit?
    So where were you the first time you saw BLOOD FEAST? Leave some comments and thanx for reading this the 3 of you and I will keep doing reviews , except for A SERBIAN FILM , anything by Eli Roth , and found footage movies. *ARTY


No comments:

Post a Comment