Saturday, December 1, 2012

MASTER - On The 7th Day God Cretaed Master

Innocents? Dying...? Lets talk! This album came out in 1991 and it still sounds great! It has that (what is now) oldschool vibe but still sounds kind of fresh and hasn't lost much of it's urgency or vitality. I think it truly straddles the line of brutal American Death Metal and classic 80's tooth chippin' thrash metal! The vocals of bassist Paul Speckmann are pretty clean by Death Metal standards and the production is phenomenal because it was recorded at Morrisound studios.
    It's got 10 trax in about 35 minutes and like Demolitiion Hammers - Tortured Existence , Solstices first album and Incubus - Beyond the Unknown , Master - On The 7th day.....has stood the test of time to become a classic of the genre. But like alot of Master this album is hard to get a hold of. Actually I guess it is one of the easier ones to obtain but expect to pay between $14.00 and $35.00 on amazon! I downloaded my copy from itunes cos' I had to have it but I read a review that Displeased records re-released it with a bonus dvd of 2 live shows!
    But I am glad I got it , I can throw it on almost anytime and enjoy it. And if you don't have it or never got it and do like the other bands I mentioned or Death/thrash in general or have any memories of ths album please leave a comment. *arty

No comments:

Post a Comment