Saturday, December 22, 2012

MADISON COUNTY DVD review: It's a horror movie!

I got this card for BLOCKBUSTER where for $17.00 I can get as many movies (one at a time , of course) as I can for 1 month. So this was the first one I got and I got it solely for the dvd cover. Not the one to the left. That one is badass but the oneBLOCKBUSTER had is pretty cool. I didn't have high hopes for MADISON COUNTY , I figured it'd be like one of those SYFY Saturday nite movies but once it started it looked like a film that could have come out in the theater. and the actors were decent even likeable so I can't easily dismiss MADISON COUNTY as a shitty , rotten , piece of garbage movie like some low budget films , BUT , the story is not that good. It is pretty basic which is not always a bad thing. A movie can have a simple premise and be fantastic but the story is so by the numbers and the execution is typical and it lacks atmosphere  and real scares. It is violent but not gory , which would have helped. So I can't recommend MADISON COUNTY but I think the film makers do have talent and the potential for a good movie is there and I think if they adapted one of Richard Laymons novels that they could do it justice if it was as well made as MADISON COUNTY and just followed the story of one of Laymons books as faithfully as they could. I think DARKNESS , TELL US or NO SANCTUARY would be good for them considering both are set way back in the woods and have psychotic killers in them. Lastly , I did like how that the pig headed psycho killer on the cover of the dvd is actually in the movie. Alot of these movies at BLOCKBUSTER have very misleading box art. Oh well , MADISON COUNTY could have been alot better but it was well made but was not the gorefest I was looking for. *arty

 

No comments:

Post a Comment