Sunday, January 6, 2013

ELLEN

   You kind of remember Ripley as a female Rambo ; I did , but she really doesn't turn into a badass until the end.
    I finally got a HD flatscreen and  I was marveling at how badass ALIENS looks in HD and it was a new viewing experience for a  old favorite and while I was watching it I finally found a real appreciation for Weavers performance as Ellen Ripley. She's amazing and the first 30 minutes or so the movie is all her and she should have won that oscar back in 88 , or 87 , whatever yr it was! Before when I would watch ALIENS I would watch it for the aliens. They are so terrifying , fascinating , and cool! I wanted to know where they came from and what their life cycle is , where did the queen come from? THEN , I would watch it for the Space Marines. They were so badass too. They would destroy Stormtroopers, or Cylons , Klingons , and those red assholes from THE LAST STARFIGHTER! Blow all them away with those pulse rifles! Now I watch because of Ellen! How would you act if you were the sole survivor of a hostile alien life form that wiped out all your co-workers? Whose to say really but Weaver hit it close to home and made it believable. She's so sympathetic and wounded but tries to keep herself together. But those nightmares plague her and even when she's smoking a cigarette she's giving off so much emotion. There really would be no way she would go back to the alien world but again she makes it believable that Ripley might to confront her fears. I like when she's trying to explain to the Marines what they are going up against and it's like just her remembering what the facehuggers do is preventing her and she almost can't do it. Or when they find that lady stuck to the wall and the chestburster comes out , Elen grabs her chest and makes it so much more real!
     So now watching ALIENS the parts with Ripley are my favorite even the parts before they leave to go back to lv-426. Another favorite scene is when she knocks the food tray out of Bishops hand when she finds out hes a robot! I love the look Bishop gives her , because he's a robot and doesn't know how to react to real emotion.
    Michael Biehn and Bill Paxton were great too and there is so much more to go on about ALIENS , like James Remar was going to be in it and even filmed some stuff but I could go on and on but I would like to know your thoughts on ALIENS and your fave scenes so I hope you leave a comment. Thanx for reading! 8arty
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment